Kalk OR race
13 000 USD
- Order your bike via this page
- Choose 1 standard battery or 2 batteries (1 standard and 1 extra spare battery)
- Add the bike to your shopping cart.
- Place your order.
- A representative from the local office, based on where your shipping address is, will be in touch to coordinate shipping, delivery date, and to welcome you to the CAKE community
- Deposit 500 EUR to be paid on order, remaining to be paid upon shipment.
- To apply for financing, press the financing price at the top of this section
- Fill out the form and send your request, one of our representatives will get back to you with a personalized offer.
- If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]
*The conditions and interest rate vary depending on each profile. Contact us and apply by pressing order now and then finance request.
Kalk OR race
Kalk OR race comes with a large battery (2.6kWh), add an extra battery below for more convenience and no waiting time when charging.
1 spare battery (2,6 kWh)
+ 3 000 USD
1 x Kalk OR race with 1 large battery (2.6kWh)
battery & riding modes
easy charging, 3 ride modes, no gears
Thanks to the high rpm and progressive span of the electric motor, throttling, and braking are all there is to it. Fast standard outlet charging. Best-in-class power density and state-of-the-art motor control algorithms.
- explore: The ultimate mode during exploration. It has a limited top speed to 45 km/h (28mph) with a 3-4 hrs battery range.
- excite: Enduro or active trail riding. 1-2 h riding time. With a top speed of 70km/h and good acceleration, this mode is perfect for enduro riding out in the woods.
- excel: Maximal torque and speed, with no restrictions when it comes to performance. This mode is perfect when you need all power available. Riding time up to 1 h.
drivetrain & brakes
a unique power to weight formula
A powerful drivetrain with 280Nm on the rear wheel that is combined with a lightweight chassis and components, creating a unique power to weight ratio. This gives to superior nimbleness and speed for technical rides.
suspension, wheels & tires
öhlins suspension & knobby MX tires and rims for maximum performance
Equipped with 204mm travel, the Öhlins advanced three-stage air spring with individual setup for high and low speed compression, and rebound adjustments to customize the suspension to your liking. The MX tires and aluminum MX rims are designed to meet the demand of riding on tracks or enduro trails with maximum performance.
CAKE connect app
unlock the full potential of your CAKE motorcycle
The connectivity module is pre-installed on all the Ösa & Kalk bikes from august 2021. All the initial CAKE connect features are made available through the mobile app providing you with connectivity features in order to add an extra layer of functionality to your CAKE bike.
Download CAKE connect in App Store and log in with your personal connectivity id to get started. You will receive your id in connection with the delivery of your bike.
Stay tuned for the Android version launching in 2022.
Ibis cycles Enduro race team
2x Swedish enduro champion, world championship contender
professionals and new riders love this bike
awards for Kalk
awards for Kalk
about Kalk OR race
Kalk OR race and Kalk INK race are a power to weight ratio optimization pursuit, building a chassis, as light and lively as possible, around the electric drivetrain, in contrast to the normal procedure, merely swapping from combustion to electric, in a gasoline chassis (extremely heavy).
The inspiration comes from the first enduro competition a Kalk attended. A brilliant result combined with the demand for knobby tires. It’s important to understand that despite the good results vs traditional dirtbikes, the Kalk, with or without the race kit, is not engineered to imitate or to compete against combustion engine dirt bikes.
The Kalk is the first step in establishing a new category of motorbikes, designed for a new user matrix. It’s about building light, quiet and clean, easy to ride, low maintenance, super nimble, never buying gas or filters, high performance, ride without disturbing or polluting.
Explore new areas with respect.
Design and engineering of the Kalk:
The Kalk is engineered around the electric drivetrain to maximize the riding performance. The electric drive train is completely different from an internal combustion engine, with many unique benefits.
An electric drivetrain features instant torque from zero, direct drive, no need for a clutch, few moving parts, low tinkering, no fumes, no sounds, no filters, no oils, tuneable riding modes and regen braking, responsiveness, great throttle control, and swappable batteries.
All parts and components are developed from scratch to keep the weight down at with highest possible performance. Everything from the rims, hubs, stems to the custom Öhlins suspension is engineered and dimensioned, specific for the Kalk and the new category; lightweight electric motorbikes. The components are in a new category and derive from the most sophisticated DH components in terms of technology, materials, and manufacturing, but heavily reinforced, rather than downscaled MX components.
Standard DH parts are engineered for DH bicycles and are too weak. On the other end, MX components simply are too heavy.
Building light electric motorbikes for the ultimate, uncompromising off-road experience requires components engineered for it.
Simply combining off-the-shelf parts of the MTB and motorbike world would result in more parts, bolts, tinkering, welds, impaired geometry, and a compromised riding experience. As mentioned, the MTB components are too weak for a 69+kg (Kalk OR) motorbike, and the MX parts, too heavy, not serving for the specifics of the electric drivetrain.
Same thing goes for traditionally designed electric dirtbikes that are engineered and optimized for a combustion engine, where the ICE is simply swapped for an electric drivetrain and therefore not particularly efficient.
all the specs
battery & ride mode
1) explore: The ultimate mode during exploration. It has a limited top speed to 45 km/h (28mph) with a 3-4 hrs battery range.
2) excite: Enduro or active trail riding. 1-2 h riding time. With a top speed of 70km/h and good acceleration, this mode is perfect for enduro riding out in the woods.
3) excel: Maximal torque and speed, with no restrictions when it comes to performance. This mode is perfect when you need all power available. Riding time up to 1 h.
* The actual range depends on a number of different aspects, e.g. riding style, rider weight, weather conditions, temperature, road surface and tire pressure.
Type: External charger from standard 110 V/220 V outlets
0-80%: 2 hours
0-100%: 3 hours
Cells: premium 18650 lithium cells
Voltage (nominal): 51.8V
Capacity: 50 Ah / 2.6 kWh
Features: Removable, can be charged when installed in bike or separately
Built-in SoC indicator
drivetrain & brakes
Type: Direct drive, chain
Electric motor: Interior permanent
Top speed: +90 km/h / +56 mph
Power: 11 kW (15 hp)
Torque (motor axle): 42 Nm
Torque (wheel): 280 Nm
Front sprocket: 12 teeth
Rear sprocket: 80 teeth
Chain/Belt: 420 chain with O-ring
Formula motorcycle disc brakes
Hand lever for front- and rear brake
Disc: Stainless steel, 220 mm diameter,
3.2 mm thickness
1) Freewheel: No motor brakes. Gives the same sensation as riding a bike, perfect for mellow riding and the ultimate freedom experience.
2) 2-stroke motor brake with energy regeneration. Moderate engine brake. As you release the throttle you feel the bike slowing down at a slow pace.
3) 4-stroke motor brake with energy regeneration. When releasing the throttle, the bike will slow down significantly. This brake mode is best suited for technical tracks where full control for the bike is needed.
suspension, wheels & tires
Type: Öhlins upside-down air forks featuring 38 mm stanchion tubes for extra rigidity and strength, specially developed for Cake. Adjustable for high-speed compression, low-speed compression and low-speed rebound. The forks are equipped with Öhlins advanced 3 stage air springs with individual setup for ride heights and bottoming resistance.
Travel: 204 mm
205 mm Öhlins TTX22 shock with CAKE internals and spring. Used with linkage for optimal performance.
wheels and tires
Hubs: Forged and CNC aluminium CAKE hubs with 25 mm axle
Rims: Front, 19"x1.40" aluminium mx rims
Rear, 18"x1.85" aluminium mx rims
Tires: Front, 70/100-19 mx tires
Rear, 3.00-18 mx tires
the body & more
Build: 6061 aluminium - extruded, forged and CNC machined
fenders and bodywork
material: Aerospace grade 7050 aluminum
interface: 31.8 mm
width: 800 mm
rise: 20 mm
Features: Dashboard integrated in stem with battery SoC indicator, ride- and brake mode selection, warning indicator
Wheel base: 1310 mm
Seat height: 910 mm
Ground clearance: 300 mm
Fork angle: 25°
Trail: 87.4 mm
Offset: 22 mm in triple clamps, 36 mm in forks
License requirement: None