CAKE presents the CAKE One Design Worlds Race on Gotland – finals of the global electric motorcycle racing series
International superstars gather for a weekend of clean racing
CAKE, the Swedish maker of premium lightweight, electric motorcycles, is hosting the CAKE Worlds One Design Race on Gotland on Saturday, August 20th. The racing series is a demonstration of electric off road racing – clean and silent – and the upcoming finals gathers elite athletes from all over the world.
“CAKE One Design Worlds is an initiative to promote inclusive, silent and clean racing in the aftermath of racing tracks shutting down in the past 15 years, due to disturbance and pollution.
Thanks to light, torquey and snappy bikes, the format is available, exciting and compact for riders as well as for audience and media”, says Stefan Ytterborn, founder and CEO of CAKE.
Professional riders from various two-wheeled disciplines will compete against each other in a 4X format, on a One Design basis, meaning all riders will compete using identical bikes, the Kalk OR Race. This democratization of competitive riding is an industry-first, fully in line with CAKE’s motto of making electric racing truly available to everyone.
The CAKE Worlds Race on Gotland, Sweden, will take place on Tjauls Gård, north of Visby. Visitors will experience firsthand the latest and greatest in two-wheeled electric vehicles and check out the pro’s competing. Entrance for spectators will be free of charge.
- Mara Benecke (GER) Bronze German Championships; 3x regional state champion
- Natalie Kane (IRL) 5x British champion; 5x Swedish champion; silver and bronze women’s world championship
- Sandra Gómez Cantero (SPA) Super Enduro Champion; AMA EnduroCross Champion; Silver XGames EnduroCross; Silver Rally Dakar
- Ashley Fiolek (USA) 2x Xgames gold medalist; 4x WMX champion; Best female CAKE Worlds Race Del Mar
- Lynn Walk (NL) Dutch MX Champion; Currently in 2nd position in the WMX
- Sanna Karkainen (FIN) 2x European enduro champion; Women's Enduro WC champion
- Francesca Nocera (IT) 5x Italian MX champion; 3x European MX of nations
- Camillle Viaud (FRA) – 1X French Champion
- Daniel Sedlak (GER) Wins and podiums in motocross and enduro from 6 different continents
- Mike Giese (USA) Professional mountain bike rider and ex-professional motocross racer
- Seth Stevens (USA) 2nd DH South East Series Pro; 2nd GNCC E-MTB O/A Series Pro; Last year's winner of CAKE Worlds Race
- Dylan Gaszak (USA) 1st place in amateur class at Cake Worlds North American Open 2022
- Robert Kvarnström (SWE) 2x Swedish Enduro Champion
- Oskar Olsson (SWE) Bronze MX1 Swedish championships; 2 silver Swedish SpeedCross championships; Gold Swedish jr championships
- Mattias Eide (NOR) Silver Norwegian Championships MX 85; Bronze Norwegian Championships MX 85; Bronze Norwegian Championships 125 MX Jr
- Sam Winterburn (UK) 2019 Red bull Romaniacs silver class 2nd overall; 2021 Weston beach race 12th overall; 2019 World Enduro Super Series 11th overall
- Felicia Loo (SWE)
- Jesse Willstedt (SWE)
Welcome to visit the race:
When: Saturday, August 20. 10.00 - 16.00 CET
Where: Tjauls Gård, Lummelunda, Tjaulsvägen 188, Gotland, Sweden
Media inquiries: email@example.com
CAKE pressroom: ridecake.com/en/pressroom
CAKE is a Swedish maker of premium lightweight, electric motorcycles and mopeds, with a clear mission to inspire towards a zero-emission society, by combining excitement and responsibility.
The model range currently consists of three different platforms – the versatile off-roader Kalk, the modular utility bike Ösa, and the urban commuter Makka. Thanks to an extensive range of accessories and configurations, CAKE is addressing a wide matrix of users and applications, including commercial use for last-mile delivery and other short-haul urban transportation.
Along with numerous awards and recognitions for its design and innovative approach to mobility and other societal challenges, CAKE was identified as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company in both 2020 and 2021, and received the Time Magazine 100 most important inventions award in 2021.